Mural Workshop - Weekend Intensive Workshop
Learn the precise steps behind successful mural creation and actually paint one! This workshop is taught by Brian Kaspr, a seasoned designer, artist and, most importantly, muralist. In this two and a half day workshop, students will learn a variety of skills that are key to an efficient and prosperous mural practice. This workshop covers detailed information about materials, tricks and tips, scaling artwork, layout, finding walls to paint, how to price your work, building a portfolio that clients want to see, and everything in between. After some initial discussion and lessons, students will spend the better part of 2 days physically painting their own mural with assistance and help from Brian. Class will begin on a Friday evening discussing the ins and outs of mural painting over dinner and drinks as well as planning and critiquing your mural. On Saturday and Sunday the class will move outside and students will physically paint their very own mural.
Previous mural experience is not necessary. However, this class is focused on artists who have a solid foundation of artistic skills. Students should come to class with a design(s) completed or at least very nearly finished. Important details regarding the final mural size and other key items will be emailed to students two weeks before class begins. This class is only for students 18 years and older. The majority of class will be spent outside.
- Class is limited to 10 people
- Friday June 9th (6 PM - 9 PM), Saturday June 10th (9 AM - 4 PM), Sunday June 11th (9AM - 4 PM).
- Located in Norwalk, CT
- Each spot is $649. Early bird pricing of $549 ends on May 1st!
- Cost of spot includes two-and-a-half days of classes and information, materials for painting the mural, dinner and drinks on Friday, and a checklist guide of best tips and tricks for starting your mural-based business or studio practice.
- After signing up, you'll receive an email with further details about what to wear and bring.