How To: Installing Removable Wallpaper
It's a cinch.
- Clean and prime your walls (do not skip this step!)
- Based on your measurements, cut the wallpaper panels in the correct length for your walls (do not forget to account for pattern repeats!). We recommend leaving a few extra inches on the bottom.
- Starting with the first panel, wet the back of the paper with water and let the adhesive activate for 3-5 minutes.
- Mark 27" width on the wall, which is how you'll line up your first panel.
- Use a level to make sure your mark is straight
- Starting at the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling, gently smooth the wallpaper down the wall.
- Reposition and adjust as necessary using a soft squeegee.
- Wipe off excess adhesive from the front of the paper with a soft clean cloth.
- Keep an eye out for air bubbles!
- Line your next panel up next to the first panel. Be sure that the pattern matches before smoothing the panel on the wall.
- Continue on with each additional wallpaper panel until your walls are covered.
- Wallpaper may shrink slightly as the adhesive dries. Be sure that there are no gaps between each panel as you continue hanging your wallpaper.
- Trim excess paper.
- When it's time to redecorate, gently peel the wallpaper down starting at one corner of the paper. It will come off in large sheets.
Disclaimer: FV always recommends professional installation. These instructions are meant to be general guides. Flat Vernacular is not liable for any damages from installation, use, or removal.